Sunday, August 26, 2012

Latest Tweet Project

This evening I had some creative funtime!  I started with an inexpensive 8 by 10 canvas that I got from "Ollies" - $1.99!!

To start, I used some tissue paper sheet music, not real sure who this is by, and Mod Podged it on.  I added a coat of antique white paint, followed by a touch of  grey purple Master's Touch acrylic.  I added some yellow with  bubble wrap for texture. The birds are wooden ones by Maya Road. The technique that I used on them was one I learned from Lisa Pace this week using Glossy Accents and some glitter from my stash.

The birdcage is Tim Holtz Caged Bird Bigz Die Cut, cut out of free chipboard that comes with the paper packs at the Scrapbook Page.  I spritzed it with gold Perfect Pearls mist by Ranger, this gives it a subtle sheen.  The gems that are dangling are from an old lamp.

I fastened it to the canvas with a flower brad and stitched thru the canvas to pop it out a bit.

 I used the same collage technique with a smaller canvas, and added it to give extra dimension.

The letters are Scrabble tiles (a Goodwill find thanks to my youngest daughter).  Then I punched some musical notes from black cardstock with a Fiskars squeeze punch.  These were collaged on and antique white was dabbed on them to tone them down a little.

Glass copper colored microbeads were added to the upper right and lower left hand corners with sticky tape.  I added jute (99 cents a roll at Ollies) around the outside of the canvas to give it a finished look.

I couldn't be more pleased with how this turned out and it was a lot of fun to complete.  Special thanks to Lead Fiskateers Emma and Tania for their Fiskateer Games Challenges this month.  Having a deadline really pushes me to start and finish projects that I might never get around to doing otherwise.  Hoping you can take time to go be crafty today.

 

2 comments:

  1. WOW - this is ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS Donna - LOVE IT ALL!!!

    It is going to look great hanging on your wall :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mixed media fun! Love all the glitters, Donna!

    ReplyDelete