Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Hand Cut Words

Over at If It's Groovy, Groovy Deb is having a "Hand Cut Words Challenge".  The title of my LO was created by writing the title with my BIC correction pen and them cutting the words out with my #4 Fiskars Detail Scissors. 
This was pretty far out of my comfort zone, but I think I will be doing this more often.  Next time I will try some type of marker with a larger tip.  The owls were punched using Fiskars Limited Edition squeeze punch "Owl Be Seeing You".  I used 2 different colors of cardstock, trimmed one of the punhed images to resemble the belly of the owl, added some google eyes and some marker details.
The branches were trimmed by hand.  When I buy paper, I always try to get a 6X6 paper pack when available.  These packs are great for titles, puches and matting.  Saves your 12X12 sheets for the layouts.
The leaves and flowers were from the embellishment packs.  Little Yellow Bicycle has awesome embellishments.  This is from their Acorn Hollow Collection - prob'ly my favorite paper line EVER!
 
Liberty Grace loves Owls.  When she sees one she says "Hoot, hoot!"  Her little costume came from Old Navy and she can use the little hat all winter long.

6 comments:

  1. Cute title and page! Very nice job on the challenge!
    http://granddivasscrappyplace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh, what a sweet costume! And really adorable page, Donna! I love the owls. Love your hand-cut branches, too, and great title work. Don't you just love this Acorn Hollow collection? Sooo sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cool Donna!! Thanks for stopping by today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute, Donna! Happy Thanksgiving! Wish you a wonderful holiday season! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, Liberty looks so cute, she makes a great little owl :)
    Great fussy cutting and layout Donna!!!

    ReplyDelete